Water's Edge Diamond Ring
Often a unique engagement ring is defined by the size of the diamond, the number of diamonds on the shank, a single or double halo of diamonds around the center stone, and so on and so on...
But is this style of engagement ring really unique or is it generic? Seems to me these designs are commonly found in many jewelry stores and sites on the internet. The more these styles are found everywhere, by definition the less unique they really are.
In contrast, this unique engagement ring for a woman was recently finished for a local couple with a near perfect, but smallish, center diamond as well as tiny diamonds on the band. This is called the Water's Edge engagement ring resembling wave curls softly lapping onto a shore. How lovely and feminine. This is what I call unique, unusual in design and custom handcrafted.
What is your unique? Find it. Design it. Create it with Rings Unique.
Low-set diamond engagement rings are hard to find because the common look is the "Tiffany" style mountings where the diamond is placed high in prongs on an arched ring such that altogether the top of the gem is 8-15mm above the finger. This style can become a nuisance because it is easily hit against objects everyday, damaging the prong setting, and it also can snag clothing, purses, pockets or just about anything in its path.
In contrast, many of the diamonds or gemstones on Rings Unique are low set, cradled in a round or semi-round bezel setting, where the diamond becomes a graceful part of a ring sculpture, easy to wear and enjoy daily.
Lg. Diamond Low Set Eternity Collection
Large Diamond Low-Set 18k Yellow Gold-Eternity
This low set diamond ring was custom crafted by the "Eternity" ring artist for a prominent professional woman in Austin, TX in 18k yellow gold with both a polished and textured surface. It reminds me of water flowing around a pebble, graceful and organic. And, because it is low set, this lovely woman need not worry about it interfering with her myriad activities every day. And, her ring is the envy of her professional circle because it is so unique... miles away from ordinary.
What is your unique? Find it, design it and create it with Rings Unique.
Increasingly, more and more couples are choosing a colorful gem as the featured center of the most important piece of jewelry a person will ever own, your engagement ring. Why?
At Rings Unique, we love to set gemstones in engagement rings. There are many blog posts on this page that describe the beauty of a gemstone and the unity it achieves with our amazing handcrafted designs.
Color is unique, color is bold, color is eye-catching.
A Gemstone Makes a Bold Engagement Ring
Also, colorful gemstones have natural histories, most are regarded as birthstones, and there are strong beliefs of their mystical properties that can align with a person's individuality.
In addition, with a two or three stone ring, you can use a palette of complementary colors that will always stand out and remind you of the special bond and love that brought you together for a lifetime.
What is your unique? Find it. Design it. Create it.
Traditionally, diamonds are thought of as the gem of choice on an engagement or wedding ring and most of our rings on Rings Unique are shown with the ever sparkling radiance of diamonds.
Recently, an artistic customer from Switzerland asked us to custom make a unique gemstone wedding ring because she loves color, no diamonds please.
Imagine 14k white gold wedding ring with six gemstones
This ring is the hand carved and engraved Imagine #3 ring, definitely a favorite. It 10mm wide and showcases botanical designs like a walk through a garden. We call it the "Vine and Leaf" band in 14k white gold with 6 small but very high quality gems, each fully faceted, for a total carat weight of about 0.40pts. They sparkle like the sun's rays on an ocean of blue-green water.
Our Swiss customer asked for the highest quality gemstones, two sapphires, two emeralds and two alexandrites instead of diamonds. These were top AAA quality natural gemstones, carefully selected by the ring designer for color, balance and beauty. The result is a painting as lovely as a Monet canvas with soft colors ever-pleasing to the eye. A glance at this lovely ring will bring a smile each time, and the warmth of its glow will never fade over a lifetime.
Her comment yesterday was "...thank you so much I love it. I really enjoy how the alexandrite changes colors in different lights. I will send you a nice picture with it when I get chance. Thanks again, it is so me."
What is your unique? Find it. Design it. Create it.
A recent search on Google for “wedding rings” produced over 114 million results in 0.31 seconds. Whoooa, that’s impressive. Well, this should make finding a wedding ring pretty easy, right? Lots of choices!
Better load up on some Red Bull or Starbucks dark roast. Then, a search for “unique wedding rings” produced about 13.3 million results in a fraction of a second as well. Fewer choices but still a daunting search lies ahead for finding a perfect unique wedding ring for you.
Here’s a free search tip: Most of these sites don’t really have unique rings.
Finally, a Google search for “custom handmade wedding rings” still produces about 3.7 million results. Where to start?
Before you start the search, think about the following and establish your priorities:
- First, a wedding ring is far more than an object of jewelry. It is your symbol of commitment and love to another. Unlike anything else in your jewelry box or your personal wardrobe, a wedding ring is worn every day. With such a personal piece of symbolic jewelry, shouldn’t it represent love to one another, your relationship, reflect your personality, warm your heart and become part of you?
- Second, wedding rings can be mass-produced by the hundreds, made wherever, and easily seen at mall jewelry stores all over the country. Usually, these are available in large quantities and only need to be quickly sized for the customer. For some, this is just fine but they are not unique, just an object.
- Third, wedding rings can also be custom-handcrafted only for the individual. This usually takes a little more effort than several web searches or visits to jewelry stores. Custom rings are best viewed at small boutique jewelry stores or galleries, at a jewelry artist studio, maybe a local art fair or on less visible web pages.
- Fourth, custom-handcrafting a ring just for you or your partner requires some introspection about who you are, your partner’s personality, some imagination about what you want and patience as you consider designs, metals and use of gemstones. But, for a small discriminating segment of the population, this is the only path to follow.
- Fifth, a “unique wedding ring” should meet these criteria:
- It should be custom made from start to finish just for the individual;
- Its design and craftsmanship should be of the highest quality, using the finest materials available;
- It should be made in a studio at a jeweler’s workbench, not in a factory;
- It should be signed by the artist;
- It should be uncommon with design and details only you have personally selected;
- Most importantly, it should make you smile, warm your heart and affirm daily your life’s relationship with another person.
Take some time to view hundreds of unique custom made ring ideas at www.ringsunique.com Then contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-877-907-9079 for your personal ring design and a handcrafting experience unlike any other.