Often we see diamond engagement rings looking very similar, very much cookie cutter. But, a custom designed ring can better achieve a unique balance of diamonds, style and design, metal choice and pizzazz. You can design a unique diamond ring at Rings Unique!
Here are a few tips to make sure her engagement ring is unique just like her, not one of thousands out there:
1. Focus on her own unique. Is she simple or lavish? Simple is usually considered to be a semi-mount or a high set solo diamond. Lavish can be a halo of diamonds surrounding the center diamond and sometimes diamonds on the band itself. Also, don’t forget that a wedding band will be needed later so consider how this will work. Often guys forget this, but we specialize in a coordinated bridal set. Tips for unique: A single diamond can be set in a uniquely designed head; consider using a colored gold, rose gold is my favorite; we can use “alternate” metals as well. Find your unique diamond ring at Rings Unique!
2. Consider an alternate cut diamond. A round brilliant is customary (about 90%) but many other cuts make a ring unique. Creative designs can be achieved with a square (called a princess), emerald cut, cushion cut, pear shape, oval (shown here), heart shape, triangle and a few others. The fire in a diamond is achieved by its cut and number of facets. Note, a well cut diamond produces the most explosive fire. A diamond with great color and clarity can still look poor because the cut was badly done.
3. The setting is of utmost importance. While most engagement rings have the head set by a post on the band, consider a bezel set diamond or for even more style, how about a tension set where a diamond floats between the ends of the band. This would also apply to a diamond set between channel mounts, lovely and contemporary. Unique diamond ring at Rings Unique are our specialty!
4. For a lavish setting, a diamond will really pop when the accent diamonds are colored, such as blue or purple. Most often a woman has a favorite color, it is easy to change the color of accent diamonds to this color by using gemstones or colored diamonds. This unique diamond ring at Rings Unique can be easily changed with different colored accent diamonds or gemstones!
5. Do your homework and don’t fall for the first design you see in a chain store. You can get very close to her wishes by listening carefully to her ideas, her lifestyle, and her personality. And don’t forget to make sure you know her finger size. Remember that her diamond ring will be worn every day for a lifetime. Make it truly special, you can create her unique diamond ring at Rings Unique!
6. Of course, Rings Unique is the best place to select a custom designed ring. Here, interaction with Rings Unique owner/designer, Tom Quilter, will help guide you through many options and what is should be the best for her design and your budget.